Episode the sixty-third; wherein the Pageist has an update about Walter’s diagnosis, announces a new way to support the show, and laments why we can’t have nice things. The book reviewed is Witches, Princesses, and Women at Arms edited by Sacchi Green.
.45 Intro and Announcements:
- Thank you to all of my patrons for making the show possible and welcome to the newest patron, Alice!
- Two new Facebook follows: howdy doo to Becca and Tawnya.
- The newest country to hear the show is Angola.
- Several responses to the survey, with some useful comments. Thank you!
- Walter’s brain tumour is playing silly buggers and I don’t know how it will effect the schedule for the rest of the month.
- The show and site finally has PayPal capabilities!!
8.32 My Submissive Life:
- Everything is disappointing and it’s disappointing. How hard is it to not be a kink-shaming, homophobic, racist, transphobic, etc jerk?
- Apparently, very, very hard.
- Nie on impossible.
13.31 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is Witches, Princesses, and Women at Arms: Erotic Lesbian Fairy Tales edited by Sacchi Green and published by Cleis Press.
- The book is a collection of thirteen stories–some retellings of classic tales, some new stories with an aura of fantasy–with a feminine slant. The titular roles are represented most frequently, but there are also trolls and dryads and even a particular Wicked Stepmother we all know and (possibly) love.
- If you’re looking for a more pansexual, kinky version of fairy tales, I highly recommend Leather Ever After. The text of the book review is here.
- The Red Light Library: A sex-positive podcast for reviewing the best/weirdest/worst erotica up for sale. We celebrate kink and shame manipulative hack writers every Wednesday. Their Patreon. Their Twitter.
- The Sexy Section is from ‘Trollwise’ by Sacchi Green.
22.36 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be interviewing show favourite AliceinBondageland about chastity.
- Support the show and site on Patreon!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be heard in an embedded player on this page.