Episode the seventy-fifth, wherein the Pageist talks to Master Jon about books for a general audience that can benefit people into power exchange and a power exchange style based on the samurai code.
.45 Intro and Announcements:
- Thank you and hello to the newest Patron, Stanton!
- The show has been heard in Kazakhstan.
- We have a new Facebook like–hello to Nickie!
- Thank you in a big way to the survey responder. If you’d like to fill in the survey (it’s anonymous) you may do so here.
- Master Jon joins the show to talk about books written for a general audience that can benefit people interested in power exchange. We also discuss a power exchange style based on the samurai.
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- Ideals of the samurai: writings of Japanese warriors by William Wilson-Gregory Lee – Ohara, Black Belt Books – 1982
- Bushido: the warrior’s code by Inazo Nitobe – Ohara Publications – 1983
- The book of five rings by Musashi Miyamoto-William Wilson(tr) – Shambhala Publications – 2012
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu -James Clavell(tr) – Delacorte Press – 1983
- I also enjoyed Thomas Cleary’s translation of The Art of War
- Analects by Confucius -Edward Slingerland(tr) – Hackett Pub. Co. – 2003
- One small step can change your life: the kaizen way by Robert Maurer – Workman – 2004
- On Fet: LifeLessOrdinary
- He will also be teaching at Beyond Leather in Florida in April if you’d like to say hello.
42.53 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be interviewing JoEllen Notte about mental health and sexuality.
- Support the show through PayPal!
- Support the show and site on Patreon and get bonus content each month!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be streamed or downloaded from an embedded player on this page.