Episode the Forty-Seventh; Wherein the Pageist gets to grips with new technology of all sorts, deals with the end of a cold, and is happy to be home. The book reviewed is The Reunion by Laura Antoniou.
0.55 Intro & Announcments:
- Ross and Dedria–hello to you on the Facebook!
- There will be an adult colouring book giveaway soon–stay tuned for more information.
3.55 My Submissive Life:
- Eroticon was great. London can take a leap. Friends are the best.
- Macs are elitist, but they’re better than laptops that shut down for no reason and stop recording when you’re trying to make a podcast. I’ll adjust.
- Create a podcast episode with Garageband for Mac
12.45 Book Review:
- The book this episode is The Reunion by Laura Antoniou. Reunions are gatherings for slaves and ex-slaves to relax in five-star establishments around the world, which are also staffed by Marketplace slaves. This particular reunion takes place in a castle in Ireland and sees previous characters mingling with new, very memorable, characters. They talk about the good (and not-so-good) old days, and the reader learns that not all former slaves look back on their time in service fondly.
Meanwhile, a journalist is doing his level best to crack onto a sex slave ring he’s heard about–the Marketplace. He has an informant inside the castle they’re all supposed to be staying in for the week, but security is tight. It hasn’t been kept a secret for hundreds of years for nothing.
- Other books in the series I’ve reviewed on the show: The Marketplace, The Slave, The Trainer, and The Academy.
- Marketplace Wikia. ALL THE SPOILERS.
27.15 Closing Remarks: