Episode the sixty-ninth; wherein the Pageist reveals why comedians are not to be trusted, despairs over technology and enthuses about the new shop. The book reviewed is 50 Shades of Kink: An Introduction to BDSM by Tristan Taormino.
.44 Intro and Announcements:
- Thank you to Mark for recommending an alternative to Skype! Here’s to clearer interviews in future.
- Several survey responses, which always makes my day. If you’d like to take the (brief, anonymous) survey, you may do so here.
- The site’s old theme is no longer nice to look at on desktop so has been jettisoned for this one until Walter can build a new site from scratch. At least this is classy.
- Our Zazzle shop is nearly ready to launch! Just in time for the shopping season.
- Kate Lister (@WhoresofYore) is writing a book called A Curious History of Sex. You can help fund it here.
5.15 My Submissive Life:
- Thanks to Arthur Chu (@arthur_affect) for reminding me of some things I had forgotten about comedy. One of his threads inspired this week’s segment.
11.24 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is 50 Shades of Kink: An Introduction to BDSM by Tristan Taormino. The precursor to her book The Ultimate Guide to Kink, which is for more experienced people, this one is an excellent beginner’s guide. Covering everything from common myths to how negotiation and contracts work to a wide array of actual kink practices succinctly, this one would also be a good choice for a vanilla person who was curious about what kinky people actually do.
- Amy from Coffee & Kink talks about why 50 Shades branded materials are useful and important in this blog post.
- AliceinBondageLand joined me to talk Chastity and orgasm control, which is covered in the book.
25.08 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be interviewing the hosts of Red Light Library about reviewing erotica.
- Support the show through PayPal!
- Support the show and site on Patreon and get bonus content each month!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can also subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be heard in an embedded player on this page.