Episode the seventy-fourth; wherein the Pageist gets a long-held peeve or two off her chest, is tired of being tired and asks people to just… ask. The book reviewed is Ask: Building Consent Culture edited by Kitty Stryker.
.44 Intro and Announcements:
- Circlet Press (‘Erotica for Geeks’) is offering 25% off if you use the code ‘pageist’ until the end of March.
- One new Facebook like, hello and welcome to Dedria.
- There have been a few survey responses. If you’d like to take the survey (it’s anonymous) you may do so here. It gives me lots of useful info about my listeners. Thank you!
- A few people have reached out to say they’ve learned things from the show or they feel seen and that means a lot. Thank you. Thank you for letting me know.
- Walter’s brain tumour isn’t responding to the medication the way we thought it was originally so they’re going to start radiotherapy soonish.
- The website has been entirely rebuilt from scratch. Walter did it. 🙂
5.01 My Submissive Life:
- A big ol’ rant about two pet peeves: cheese weasels who jump out and ‘scare’ people in order to get themselves knocked right out and ‘helpful’ souls who immediately bombard a person with images of their phobia that they’ve been misguided enough to share with their friends.
- To both of those sorts of people: DON’T DO THAT.
11.46 Book Review:
- This episode’s book is Ask: Building Consent Culture edited by Kitty Stryker.
- The book contains twenty-two essays addressing how consent is (not) handled within the spheres of the bedroom, school, jail, workplace, home, hospital and community and proposes how we might improve communication skills in each of these areas, as well as some steps that are already being taken. Pieces come from an array of diverse and marginalised voices. This is a valuable, thought-provoking collection.
- Consent Culture on Medium
- JoEllen Notte
- AV Flox
- Navarre Overton
- Takeallah Rivera
- Jiz Lee
- And many more I didn’t have the time to get to. I highly recommend this one.
29.41 Closing Remarks:
- Thank you for tuning in!
- In the next episode I’ll be interviewing Master Jon about books written for a general audience that are useful for people interested in power exchange.
- Support the show through PayPal!
- Support the show and site on Patreon and get bonus content each month!
- Like The Pageist on Facebook, follow on Twitter, Tumblr, Goodreads, Quora, Medium, and Instagram and join the Fetlife group.
- You can subscribe to the website through the email form in the sidebar.
- Subscribe to the iTunes feed here. You can also rate the show in iTunes, which would be much appreciated!
- The libsyn feed is here and can be used in your favourite podcast feed reader.
- All episodes can be streamed or downloaded from an embedded player on this page.